The XX have been riding a wave of buzz around the world since the release of their debut album to universal acclaim. They tore up the CMJ Music Marathon last fall and just won the Mercury Prize this month. Now they ride the wave of excitement to Dallas with a sold-out show at the Granada Theater on October 8th. It may be sold-out, but I know very well that Radio UTD happens to be in possession of one of the last pairs of tickets to this much-anticipated show.
“So,” you say, “I know of this show which you describe. Stop quoting Wikipedia and let me know how I can find myself inside the Granada on that Thursday instead of in my room reading other’s tweets about the fun they’re having?”
We’ll, it’s your lucky day! As opposed to taking the tickets for ourselves and running off to the show to gloat via Twitter, we’re giving them away. This will be a week-long process filled with danger and intrigue. If you’re ready to accept this challenge, continue on with me…
To enter this Best X contest, you need to share with us the best X you can find or create. This is a rather open-ended, creativity-based contest, so follow your interests. Photos, paintings, digital art, videos, or any other media that include an X shape will be accepted. There are several ways to submit your entry:
- Host it online and link it in the comments of this blog post
- Host it online and send it to us on twitter @radioutd with the tag #bestx
- Post it to the wall of our Best X Facebook Event
- Email a link or attachment to contests at radioutd.com
As the week goes by we’ll have some X artwork from our creative DJs here on the Blog to inspire you.
To win, the entrant must submit his/her entry before Monday, September 27th at Midnight (CST). Winners will be selected by Kate Aronson and Andrew Godefroy and announced on their show dysFUNction sometime between 10:00pm and 11:59pm on Tuesday, September 28th.
- 2 tickets to the XX at the Granada Theater on October 8th, 2010
- 2 tickets to Bassnectar at the Palladium Ballroom on October 2nd, 2010
- 2 tickets to School of Seven Bells at Hailey’s on October 8th, 2010
- Always-stylish Radio UTD t-shirt and sunglasses
- Include the name you will use to collect the tickets when you submit your entry. If we do not have a name at the time of judging your entry will be disqualified. The tickets will be will-call on the night of the show, so whatever name you submit will be the name you must use to collect the tickets if you win. Direct Message us your name and email address to @radioutd if you submit your entry via Twitter.
- Include a valid e-mail address
- If you win a prize and cannot attend the show you will be offered the next-place prize. Please check your calendar as the tickets are non-transferable after you accept your prize.
- All media submitted (photos, videos, digital art, etc…) must be the legal property of the entrant.. The submission will be removed and the entrant disqualified from winning if the material violates this rule.
- Submissions must not contain any illegal or explicit material. The submission will be removed and the entrant disqualified from winning if the material violates this rule.
- Digital images submitted should be 1000×1000 pixels or smaller.
- If you have won tickets from Radio UTD during this Fall semester (2010) you cannot win further tickets. You can, however, win an honorary mention award (see above).
- If you are a DJ or writer at Radio UTD you cannot win anything but the Honorary Mention prize.